Welcome to photographybyASHLEY

I hope you all feel as welcome here as you would on a front porch, in Boerne Texas, sippin' on a glass of ice cold sweet tea. Yep that's right, I am a Texas country girl!

This blog will be a place you can come to get to know me as a photographer as well as a person. Updates on my latest sessions as well as a sneak peek into my home.

Please visit often and feel free to send me a note. I would love to hear from you.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

A sneak peek

I posted my first attempts at baby announcements the other day, granted at my first attempt not bad I thought! Then I got back in there and played more and came up with a much nicer, higher quality, more creative, ....well on and on. At least I only had up to go from my first attempt!!! And it was a noble attempt....but oh so lacking in charm and capturing attention! But not now.....
Because the family is using it to send out for their real announcements, I do not want to spoil their fun by showing it off before they send it out, so I am giving you a sneak peek at it, sorry to put that hook out there and completely leave you hanging....but I will post the full version after it is sent out to their friends!!! I designed the front, inside as well as the back, it is a 5x5 folded card. ..and here is the back, that is all you get ....FOR NOW!!! Come back!!!!

This is my new logo, that I designed myself...thank you very much!!!!!

When I began photographybyASHLEY, I was pretty much technically illiterate..computers, photoshop, everything. So I made a trade with a friend in graphic design, she designed all of my advertising in exchange for photography. She did a great job attempting to capture me....but there is nothing like coming up with it on you own and knowing that is exactly you! I may use this logo completely like this, but I also have a few alternatives with different fonts! My trademark is AC (initials). When I was a kid I used to sign my initials on everything...
I was ACA so I would interlock all three with the C bringing the cross through both A's. .When I started photographybyASHLEY I wanted something to stand out, something that was mine and I could really market. I began with the AC on everything, I even sign all my prints with it. So I was really excited to play last night and get this new look which captures not only my symbol, but in my very own style!!!! At least for now...I am sure I will want to change it to something more amazing in a few months....

1 comment: